Nick Jr. SEASONAL ASSIGNMENT- HOLIDAY ( Winter ) CONCEPT 1
Graphic & simple stylization of nick jr. characters and environment created in 3D
with texture mapping and cel-rendering.
Below illustrations and animation reference by Robin Davey
Below I created an illustration samples of Shine and Everest in the above style for reference:
Color palette follows character guidelines but with a more earthy color breakdown.
Utilizing the personalities of characters from Shimmer & Shine, Paw Patrol and Blaze and the Monster Machines, create shorts/bumpers of characters interacting in an outdoor winter environment snowboarding, four wheeling and sled riding. Scenes would be quick cuts, close-ups to medium shots never revealing entire background, only showing slopes and hills, pull camera back to panoramic view revealing characters are playing on snow covered nick jr. logo.
• Note: Collaborate with team on specific characters to utilize based on popularity and strategy
• animated 15-30 second bumper
Below sample animations are done in 3d, cel rendered with textures mapped on models.
I chose this technique because it works well for the amount of action planned in concept and storyboard.
• apply same graphic treatment to website or header/mobile included
• website header can include loop of a simple animation such as;
character on snowboard or logo treatment ie: nick jr. with snow on top
• animation on header could also trigger/link to game/app with same theme as website animation
or bumper animation i.e. game could tie-in visually and by story theme (example: sled down hill through flags or obstacle course for points)
RETAILERS / LICENSING PARTNERS:
• build seasonal product tie-in programs with retailers/buyers and licensing partners including point of purchase signage to coincide with designs
• develop product planograms for endcaps or within a retailers seasonal area, working with
buyers & product licensees
• examples; ornaments, greeting cards, storybooks with plush characters, magnetic playsets, snow toys etc…
all products tie into seasonal nick jr. program
• Robin Davey – http://robindavey.co.uk/ – illustrator/animator
• Nitrogen Studios – http://www.nitrogenstudios.com/ Full service 3-d animation studio
• Rainmaker Entertainment – http://www.rainmaker.com/ – Full service 2-d & 3-d animation studio
• Film Roman – http://filmroman.com/ – Full service 2-d & 3-d animation studio
• 9 Story – http://www.9story.com/Programs – Full service 2-d & 3-d animation studio